Let’s face it: almost everybody uses WhatsApp these days, and changing the profile photo can be a real pain sometimes. Nobody was born using the Facebook-owned app, after all. By recently achieving a staggering amount of 2 billion users, WhatsApp keeps growing, and knowing how to take advantage of it as much as possible is a ‘must.’
Facebook knew what it was doing when it bought WhatsApp in 2014 for the fabulous amount of $19 billion. The instant messaging app has tons of useful features: video calling, end-to-end encryption, fast sharing of videos and other files, voice messaging, and much more.
Changing the profile photo in WhatsApp is a piece of cake
Whether you want to add a photo of you or something representative, you just have to do the following:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iPhone device
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right area of your display
- While you’re in the menu, select Settings
- Tap on the place of the profile photo
- Tap once more on the current profile photo
- Now you can remove the photo or you can add another one instead of tapping on Gallery and choose which one you want. You can also tap Camera and take a new photo of yourself or of anything else you want.
- Last but not least: hit the Save option.
But if you’re using WhatsApp on the web, it’s still pretty easy to change the photo:
- Open the WhatsApp Web app
- Click on the three dots for opening the menu
- Click Settings
- Click on the profile photo
- Click again on your current profile photo
- Choose the option you want from View photo, Take Photo, Upload Photo and Remove Photo
- Ultimately, click the Save option and you’re done.
We’re waiting for even more improvements that the developers will be making for WhatsApp. A very popular rumor is that the instant messaging app will merge with Instagram and Facebook Messenger, but only time will decide for sure.