As we’ve all noticed until now from the news, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is not something to be taken lightly. Luckily for us all, there are plenty of ways to protect ourselves against it, and one simple method is wearing a face mask anytime we go outside. Therefore, Apple wants to encourage people, even more, to stick with those masks as long as possible.
Along with the upcoming iOS 13.5 Beta 3 update, those who have an iPhone will be able to unlock it with Face ID even if they have a face mask put on. Of course, laying down the mask for several seconds can also be an option, but Apple wants to eliminate even that minor risk. And it’s a great idea, considering that health is the most important thing of all.
How to Unlock Your iPhone with Face ID while Wearing a Face Mask
However, a method for tricking the Face ID function on iPhones could already exist, and you can try it by doing the following steps:
- Select the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Select Face ID & Code.
- Set up an alternative appearance.
- If you already have one set up: Reset Face ID.
- The scanning process starts.
But the problem is that Apple will recognize that your face has a cover on it. At the demand of providing a clear view of your face, you should take the following steps:
- Remove the mask once more to start the scanning.
- Fold the mask in half so that it will cover half of the face.
- Hold the mask just above the nostrils of the face.
- If the process fails, remove the mask completely.
- Change the position for scanning the second half of your face.
- Face ID should now be set up with a face mask.
In the end, we shouldn’t forget that there are also plenty of ways to unlock your iPhone without the Face ID function. For instance, the good old passcode protection works just fine.