Pokemon GO introduced the cool Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research, and players have to spend some time with their Buddies, Mega Evolve Pokemon, and more other tasks.
Mega Evolutions arrived at the end of last month (August), and Niantic has been working on getting us involved as much as possible with this new addition ever since. Last week, for instance, we had access to a special Timed Research that encouraged us to battle with Mega Evolved Pokemon.
Now, another Mega-themed Timed Research kicks in, and we have to try out best to get all the rewards. Here is what you need to know.
Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research: all the Details
The Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research is available until September 28, 10 PM local time, and it comes with four stages. Each of these stages includes many tasks that bring various rewards, and there is even some added incentive for finishing Pokemon GO’s Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research in its entirety.
Players that complete all of the following tasks will unlock a brand-new Timed Research that features Mega Gengar.
Here are all the stages:
- Make 5 Great Throws (3 Poke Balls);
- Catch 5 Pokemon (5 Razz Berries);
- Give your Buddy 3 Treats (Houndour Encounter).
Rewards: 35 Beedrill Mega Energy, 1,000 XP, and 500 Stardust.
- Use 5 Berries and catch Pokemon (3 Poke Balls);
- Catch 10 Pokemon (3 Pinap Berries);
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy (Buneary Encounter).
Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 40 Beedrill Mega Energy, and 2,000 XP.
- Mega Evolve a Pokemon (3 Great Balls);
- Catch 9 different species of Pokemon (3 Golden Razz Berries);
- Earn 7 Hearts with your Buddy (Haunter Encounter).
Rewards: 2,000 XP, 60 Beedrill Mega Energy, 1,000 Stardust.
- Claim Reward (10 Poke Balls);
- Claim Reward (3 Silver Pinap Berries);
- Claim Reward (5 Ultra Balls).
Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, Snorlax Encounter, and 5,000 XP.