A variety of games from all genres are confirmed to be running on the PlayStation 5 console as soon as it will arrive to the market by the end of the year. The most resounding titles are NBA 2K21, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Gran Turismo 7, Hitman 3, Marvel’s Avengers, GTA V, Sniper Elite 5, FIFA 21, and so on.
But one specific little gimmick could make PS5 to greatly surpass its main competitor Xbox Series X, as they are both next-generation consoles supposed to launch during pretty much the same period.
Sony wants to debut many high-end games on PS5
Sony has this plan, even though the games could further leave PS5 for other platforms. The former Game Informer editor Imran Khan is the one bringing this big news, and he’s a highly reliable leakster.
There are things you will be shocked to find out that Sony is moneyhatting, that they are locking up for timed exclusivity. ‘Wow, that is a game that you’re choosing?’ Not because it’s bad, but because it’s huge.
So I am interested to see where this conversation is going to be in a couple of months because there are games that are widely accepted as multi-platform that Sony is locking up for a while.
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2.
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit.
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s.
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD.
Xbox Series X specs:
- CPU: 8x Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.6 GHz w/ SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
- GPU: 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
- Process: 7nm Enhanced
- Memory: 16 GB GDDR6 w/ 320b bus
- Memory Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560 GB/s, 6GB @ 336 GB/s
- Internal Storage: 1TB Custom NVME SSD
- I/O Throughput: 2.4 GB/s (Raw), 4.8 GB/s
- Expandable Storage: 1TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly)
- External Storage: USB 3.2 External HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
- Performance Target: 4K @ 60 FPS, Up to 120 FPS
The most important highlight for the specs of both PS5 and Xbox Series X is perhaps the purge of the in-game loading times once and for all. The up to 8K gameplay quality can’t also be overlooked.