OnePlus has successfully released its latest flagship smartphones for the year 2020. The OnePlus 8 lineup was revealed online due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, and fortunately, that didn’t become an impediment for the company. The digital event was a success, and the latest series received good reviews from the techs around the world. The latest OnePlus line up is the first of the OnePlus series to feature a wireless recharging capability, and it runs with OxygenOS 10.5.4.
In terms of design, the company chooses to approach the same as for its the OnePlus 7 and 7T Pro devices. The form factor of the OnePlus series remains the same as for the OnePlus 7 lineup. However, the difference is that the latest smartphones feature a punch-hole camera. The OnePlus 7 series feature a pop-up selfie camera.
The company is slowly making its way toward producing flagship smartphones. Both the OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro have very good specs and feature top tech that we would normally see in a flagship device. OnePlus is stepping up their game with its latest lineup that starts from 900 US dollars.
Details about the OxygenOS 10.5.4 on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
If you already own one of the OnePlus 8 series of smartphones, we have an important notice for you. OnePlus has just released its latest update that comes with improvements as well as new features. The latest software update is making this OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro ready for the mass consumption. Why so? It brings the OxygenOS 10.5.4 version.
The latest OxygenOS 10.5.4 software version brings tones of new features, such as live caption, new video filter, double-tap to wake up, optimized camera and fingerprint scanner, and so many others. This latest OTA includes the brings March 2020 update as well. The OnePlus 8 series launched during mid-April 2020; therefore, the update should be the April patch.
Below is the firmware information along with the changelog of this new update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro:
- Device Name: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Version: OxygenOS 10.5.4
- Android Version: Android 10
- Security Patch Level: March 2020
- Improved system stability
- Improved icon display in the status bar
- Improved back gesture experience
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z can now be integrated with Dolby Atmos for better sound quality
- Added double-tap feature to wake up lock screen in ambient display mode or off-screen condition
- Added OnePlus Tips & Support section in Settings. Check out all the new features and answers to common issues here
- Added Live Caption, this will detect speech in media and automatically generate captions [To enable: Settings-System-Accessibility-Live Caption] – Update Android Security Patch to 2020.03
- Updated GMS package to 2020.02
- Optimized the camera’s shooting experience and improved stability
- Optimized the animation effect and improved interaction experience
- Added video filter feature
- Fingerprint Unlock
- Optimized the fingerprint unlock experience when unlocking the device
- Phone updates
- Added contact notes info for incoming calls
- Network updates
- Optimized network data transmission performance and stability
- Voice Assistant updates
- Now you can wake up voice assistant of your choice just by long-pressing the power button [To enable: Settings-Buttons & gestures-Press and hold the power button-Choose the app you want to activate]
You should receive a notification regarding the update. But if you didn’t or maybe just ignored it, here’s how to manually update the System on your OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System.
- Next, tap on System Updates and check for available updates.
Your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro phone will then restart automatically, and after the reboot is over, you will be able to enjoy the new OxygenOS 10.5.4 features.